Welcome to the CGM job board.
If any of the jobs listed below interest you, use ONLY the contact information associated with the particular job opening.
Current Job Openings
Director, Individual Giving //
As the organization seeks to invest in capital projects and additional programming, Common Ground
Montgomery seeks an experienced and talented Director of Individual Giving to create and implement a
comprehensive development strategy that attracts and engages donors and other individual donors to
support our mission and achieve our long-range development goals and objectives. The right candidate will
have a proven track record of building a major donor program from the ground up with skill, innovative
ideas, and energy. The position reports to the Executive Director.
• Build and manage a comprehensive major gifts program for high net worth individuals.
• Devise a major donor strategy and work plan with indicators of success; regularly track progress against
work plan goals and objectives to keep development team on task and provide updates to the Executive
Director, the Founder and Board of Directors.
• Create and implement tailored cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans to engage and upgrade
• Communicate with and make direct, face-to-face donor solicitations.
• Support the Founder and Executive Director with their individual fundraising meetings.
• Review fundraising tools and systems to aid in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding new and
existing donors. Utilize systems to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals'
programmatic interests, trends in giving, and type of support to solicit.
• Work in collaboration with the Executive Director to align the major gift program with broader
organizational fundraising goals of the Founder, Board members and the Director of Institutional Giving.
• Prepare written materials including visit strategies/briefings, correspondence, solicitation, and pledge
• Produce proposals and subsequent reports to solicit restricted and unrestricted funding from individual
prospects and donors.
• Plan and implement, in partnership with other staff and volunteers, major donor cultivation and
• Collaborate with the Executive Director and others to implement solid communications strategies across
major gift program.
Minimum seven years’ successful experience in major gift fundraising, including building a major gifts
program and cultivating and soliciting gifts of $10,000 and up from high net worth individuals.
• Passion for and faith alignment with the mission and work of Common Ground Montgomery.
• Proven track record in, and excited by the challenge of, building up a nascent major donor program and
growing revenue through prospecting, qualifying, and closing new Common Ground Montgomery
• Successful in developing and instituting cultivation and solicitation strategies to engage and upgrade
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of major gift donors to develop successful, deep
connections with the organization; manage donor expectations around communications and giving
planning and preferences.
• Experience with using technology to advance the goals of major donor programs like donor tracking
systems, prospect researching tools and wealth screening tools, and capacity and willingness to learn
• Demonstrated leadership and the ability to manage multiple tasks at a time.
• Integrity, comfort and ability needed to gain the trust and confidence of supporters and stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment across multiple programs and
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, commitment to results, attention to detail, and
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically for donor engagement.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Competitive salary based on qualifications and a benefits package. Modest relocation assistance
Kara Teising, Partner
Jobplex, A DHR International Company
424 Church Street, Suite 2000
Nashville, TN 37219
Mary Katherine Wimberly, Associate
Jobplex, A DHR International Company
140 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401
T: 843-579-1800 ext. 202