common ground montgomery
December 2018 will mark Common Ground Montgomery’s 12th Annual Christmas Store! The Christmas Store has collectively provided thousands of toys for youth in our neighborhood!
WE HAVE 3 VERY IMPORTANT GOALS:
- Provide children in our programs the joy of receiving some toys for Christmas.
- Affirm the dignity of adults in our community as they purchase toys at an affordable rate instead of giving them away.
- To help empower the high school students in the Leadership Development Program by giving them an opportunity to invest back into their community through working and serving. The high school students will be leading this year's store operation.
Date: TBD. Times have traditionally been 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM each day for shoppers, with volunteers arriving at 5 PM.
Donations: Drop-off days are limited. New hours for drop-off will be posted closer to November. Traditionally, office hours for drop-off at CGM are 12:30-5:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
o Donate gift cards from the following stores: Toys-R-Us or Walmart
o Donate Cash or Check (please be sure to note “Christmas Store” in the check memo line), or pre-paid Visa or MasterCard.
- You can drop off toys, check, cash or gift card donations at our office, or you can mail donations to P.O. Box 1866, Montgomery, AL 36102. Please specify somewhere on the donation that it should be used for The Christmas Store.
o Donate Toys!
- Purchase any new toy(s) for children up to age 14.
- Leave price tag intact or leave receipt in bag. DON’T WRAP ITEMS, PLEASE.
- In an attempt to reflect the students in our program we ask that you only purchase brown baby and Barbie dolls.
- Toys can be dropped off at the CGM office (if other sites become available, we will update this posting)
- Our main office building at 1516 Mobile Road.
Volunteer: Thank you for your interest in getting involved with our organization. The link to sign up to volunteer will be posted below closer to November (this will take you to an external scheduling site, if you don't wish to use that site, call the main office or use the volunteer contact form and let the coordinator know what time slot you would like to be manually added to):
Volunteer: TBD. Check back in November.
To make shopping even more convenient and to give you a better idea of what gifts students are asking for, we have created registries at various stores for you to purchase gifts from.
The registry information is listed below and will be a great asset as you go out and shop for our students. Registry Information:
If you chose to use the registry to buy gifts online and would like to have the gift shipped to Common Ground Montgomery, our street address is 1516 Mobile Road, Montgomery, AL 36108.
Saturday drop-offs are not currently scheduled.