MISSION TRIP INFORMATION OVERVIEW
We have many groups that visit Common Ground Montgomery throughout the year (notably during Spring Break or Summer Break). If your group would like to participate in a mission or vision trip we would gladly like to help in making that happen.
While you are here you will be partnering with CGM staff as we invest in our community - specifically with our children in the Leadership Program.
We provide a guest house that sleeps up to 40 people and has 3 full bathrooms (the house is within 2 blocks from our main office).
There is a fridge and microwave in the house and is suitable for breakfast and snacks, but all other meals will need to be prepared at the CGM ministry building.
You will need to provide your own food. Also please provide water for the work site times.
While it is less expensive to prepare your own meals, local restaurants would appreciate the opportunity to help feed your group. This investment in local businesses contributes to the transformation of the neighborhood.
Team Size: up to 40 members
Age: All ages are welcome!
Leadership: Group leaders must be present with the group at all times. If there are both young men and young women on the team, both a male and female leader must accompany the group. A ratio of 5:1, or 6:1, youth to adults is desired along with appropriate skill levels for each team leader (Tasks and skills assessment will be provided upon confirmation of your team). Supervision of assigned tasks will be provided by CGM staff.
CGM does have 5 ministry vans that seat 12-15 passengers. We do allow groups to borrow our vans while they stay with us. Every driver must have a valid driver’s license.
A $40 per person/ day is suggested to cover lodging expenses. CGM will work with each team regarding costs for each mission as each project is different. This fee assists CGM with the cost of:
- A home to stay in that is two blocks from our main building along with necessary bedding.
- Borrowing CGM Vehicles if needed
- We do require a 25% deposit 3 months in advance from the time of your arrival. An immediate deposit is required when scheduling a trip within 3 months. If your group number changes from the time of the deposit, we will adjust the full amount in the final bill. The final payment is due no later than 2 weeks after your trip. Please send all checks out to Common Ground Montgomery. Our mailing address is: P.O. BOX 1866, Montgomery, AL 36102.
This fee does NOT cover:
- Food costs
- Any medical/emergency costs
Below is a week-long trip description. If your team cannot come for a whole week, we can work out a schedule for the amount of days you are available to come. As you begin to assemble your team we suggest recruiting one person who will also lead devotions. If you do not have your own material we can suggest a devotional booklet to purchase for your use. The devotional will include follow-up questions that leaders may use for the evening debriefing sessions. An orientation will be provided by a member of CGM.
The staff of House to House and CGM are willing and open to leading teaching and training/devotional times for your group as well.
- Plan on arriving Saturday after lunch
- Check-in and orientation to housing facility by CGM staff.
- Worship with a local neighborhood church (times of services will be given to you in our planning correspondence)
- Lunch on your own- We suggest a self-guided orientation to the Montgomery area followed by dinner (we can provide help planning this)
- 7:00 p.m. - Orientation to House to House and Common Ground Montgomery at the CGM facility
Monday – Friday
Options for the day may include participation with our summer day camp. This varies from week to week which may include a split day of construction with House to House in the morning followed by CGM activities in the afternoon. Please let us know if you’d like to coordinate with House to House for this type of trip. Visit www.h2hlife.org for an overview of this amazing ministry!