Common Ground Montgomery's Summer Camp is gearing up!
The 2018 Summer Camp is coming up, and we are expecting 100 children in attendance. For over eight weeks we will be able to invest wholeheartedly in these children. Our staff and interns will be able to work on academics with them, share the gospel through bible studies, build lasting relationships, and honestly just HAVE FUN some days!
CGM's Summer Camp is vital in keeping so many children off the streets and among the influence of positive role models like our staff and college interns. Without the structure, stability, and loving influence provided in the Summer Camp, many of the children would be on their own throughout the day and left to occupy and fend for themselves.
It is because of the kindness and loving generosity of donors like you that these children are able to enjoy themselves and to simply be children. CGM provides each and every child that comes through the doors a safe and loving environment that is full of grace. We are able to do this and simply be here in the Washington Park neighborhood because of you.
Would you please consider sponsoring a child this year so that they can attend the Summer Camp? The cost of a child to attend the our Summer Camp program is: kindergarten-8th grade - $400; high school - $500. (The high schoolers cost is increased due to their extra trips they'll take.) Below is a breakdown for the lower school costs.
- $150 - a week long visit to a camp outside of the neighborhood
- $70 - 7 Fun Friday adventures @ $10 each (skating rink, swimming, bowling, etc)
- $50 - specialized instructors
- $40 - food and snacks for 8 weeks (this # is low thanks to the support of the YMCA and Montgomery Area Food Bank)
- $30 - provides gas needed to go on field trips and mission trips
- $25 - a day trip to the McWane Science Center in Birmingham
- $25 - provides electricity and air conditioning to our classrooms
- $10 - art and educational supplies
Thank you in advance for your consideration of our request. We want to also personally invite you to come and see what God is doing at CGM and in the lives of our children. Please contact us at 334-593-5803 to set up a tour or to have CGM founder Bryan Kelly, executive director Justin Hampton, or associate director Kevin King come and speak to you personally or a group.
To donate online visit our DONATE PAGE - please select Summer Camp Sponsorship under the Gift Information menu.