CGM and the summer camp will be closed on Wednesday, July 4th, through the weekend. We will reopen for normal times on Monday, July 9th.
200 Community Volunteers Join Forces to Build a New Playground at Common Ground Montgomery
Volunteers from Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS), Common Ground Montgomery, and the community will join KaBOOM! on Saturday, June 9, to transform an empty site into a kid-designed, state-of-the-art playground in just six hours at Common Ground Montgomery.
· DPS business partner Montgomery Coca-Cola Bottling is also supporting the project.
· The playground build is made possible by Let’s Play, an initiative by DPS to provide the funding, equipment and play spaces to help kids and families make active play a daily priority, and its non-profit partner KaBOOM!.
· The build will culminate in a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the newly built playground and making more play the easy choice for kids and families in Montgomery.
Play is important to children’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual development, but research shows kids are becoming more sedentary and not getting the activity they need.
· According to research from the CDC, healthy lifestyle habits formed through play, including physical activity, can lower the risk of obesity and its associated health issues.
· Through Let’s Play, DPS and its partners are committed to helping create safe and inspiring PLAYces for Montgomery kids to learn, explore, grow and just be kids.
Representatives available for interviews:
· Bryan Kelly, Founder, Common Ground Montgomery
· Justin Hampton, Executive Director, Common Ground Montgomery
· Kevin King, Associate Director, Common Ground Montgomery
· Matt Flurry, Sales Center Manager, Montgomery Coca-Cola
· John Kanipe, Regional Sales Manager, Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Saturday, June 9 (Times approximate)
· 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Kick-Off Ceremony
· 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Playground Construction (best viewing between 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
· 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
Common Ground Montgomery
1516 Mobile Road
Montgomery, AL 36108
You can sign up to volunteer here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4673950
About Let’s Play
Let’s Play is an initiative by Dr Pepper Snapple Group to provide the funding, equipment and play spaces to help kids and families make active play a daily priority. Through Let’s Play, Dr Pepper Snapple partners with two non-profit organizations, KaBOOM! and Good Sports, to build and improve playgrounds in communities and provide grants for sports equipment. In this way, Dr Pepper Snapple is doing our part to help eliminate the play deficit by making active play possible for more kids. Since its launch in 2011, Let’s Play has provided more than 11 million children with more opportunities to play via safe, accessible playgrounds and sports equipment. For more information, please visit LetsPlay.com or Facebook.com/LetsPlay.
About Common Ground Montgomery
Common Ground Montgomery is a non-profit, community development organization located in Montgomery, Alabama. The mission of CGM is to revitalize the Washington Park community. Started in 2006, CGM is a non-denominational Christian ministry that focuses on youth development and leadership, after school programs and camps, mentoring, cross-cultural relationships and racial reconciliation. CGM has spun off one community initiative, a housing renovation and adult financial literacy organization, that has become its own non-profit. CGM’s most recent initiative is focused on providing food, a clothes closet, showers, and clothes washing capabilities to families and individuals in need. Find us online at www.cgm.life, or @cgmlife on Facebook, Instragram, and Twitter.
About Montgomery Coca-Cola Bottling
Montgomery Coca-Cola is the sales, distribution and production operations arm for Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, which was founded in 1902 and is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. The Company, which has operations in seven southeastern states, is engaged in the production, sales and distribution of a diverse portfolio of sparkling (Coca-Cola, diet Coke, Coke Zero Sugar, Sprite, Fanta, Dr Pepper) and still (Dasani, Smartwater, Powerade, Gold Peak, Monster, Minute Maid) non-alcoholic brands under exclusive franchise agreements principally with The Coca-Cola Company and The Dr Pepper Company. Montgomery Coca-Cola has approximately 500 associates and serves retail and On Premise customers throughout the River Region.
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids – especially those living in poverty – the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play. KaBOOM! inspires communities to make play the easy choice and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of PLAYces. KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build or restore more than 17,000 playspaces, engaged more than 1.5 million volunteers and served over 9 million kids. To learn why play matters for all kids, visit kaboom.org and join the conversation at twitter.com/kaboom, facebook.com/kaboom and instagram.com/kaboom. #playmatters #PLAYceforKids
UPDATE: Our online giving is up and running again. We recently transitioned between vendors, so if you have any other issues, please let us know by using the contact form.
Just a note that our online giving option is currently down and we are working with our vendor on the issue.
We still accept donations via snail mail or you can visit our office.
Mail (make checks payable to "Common Ground Montgomery", and note in the memo line where you would like the donation to go):
Common Ground Montgomery
P.O. Box 1866
Montgomery, AL 36102
Stop by the office:
1516 Mobile Road
Montgomery, AL 36108
Office Hours: M-F noon-6 pm
We have a new job opening for a director of operations in Montgomery, Alabama.
director of operations
Would you like to be a part of a multi-cultural team working in west Montgomery, Alabama, to help in Gospel-centered community and cultural transformation and reconciliation?
The Director of Operations will liaise with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to make decisions for operational and organizational budget goals, plan and monitor day-to-day running of the organization, and oversee all human resource needs.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits commensurate with market standards.
- Directly supervise Office Assistant and oversee all office operations
- Manage day-to-day operations/maintenance of facilities, vehicles, and other CGM properties.
- Work with Head of Programs, Executive Director, and Board Finance Committee Chair to create annual organization budget
- Monitor monthly spending, budget adherence, and communicate with Executive Director and Board of Directors of progress.
- Sign all checks
- Monitor all incoming mail
- Make bank deposits
- Work with accountants and auditors to create and maintain integrity and transparency with CGM finances and bookkeeping
- Assist accounting firm with annual audit
- Oversee all human resource staff policies and procedures along with documentation
- Maintain employee documentation of vacation, sick days, and reimbursements
- Execute payroll and ensure timely payment of bills
- Maintain pertinent files and organize office with organizational filing systems
- Assist in any planned or special CGM related events as needed
- Proven experience with above roles in equivalent or equal position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software
- Degree(s) in business administration or relevant field is a plus
Please email to email@example.com a resume (a CV is not required, but will be accepted if you wish to submit it) along with a statement answering this question:
Knowing the mission and vision of Common Ground Montgomery (can be found online here: www.cgm.life/mission), why do you want to work with CGM and what do you hope to accomplish?
Link: CGM Jobs